Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Chocolate peanut butter candy

One holiday tradition in my family is that my maternal grandmother makes tons of candies and cookies every year. After her pralines, this recipe is my favorite. It is dead easy and it reminds me of Reese's peanut butter cups, only better.

1 c. creamy peanut butter (I have never tried it w/ crunchy)
1 c. powdered sugar
1 T. butter, softened
Dipping chocolate, melted

Mix together all ingredients but the chocolate. Roll mixture into small balls. Using a toothpick, pick up each ball and dip into the melted chocolate. Place the balls on waxed paper to allow the chocolate to set and dry. Remove toothpicks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmm MMmmm that is a buckeye where I come from,.. and that is Ohio. We still make them every year. Key, is hiding the toothpick "hole".

Anonymous said...

we call 'em peanut butter balls, and now I'm itching to make some! Sounds like a sugar cookie and pbb weekend :-)

Deborah said...

These do sound very easy and very good!!