Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Thai food: cure for a stuffy nose

Air travel tends to give me a cold almost every time I hit the skies. My latest trip was no exception. I woke this morning w/ a stuffy head and a sore throat so for lunch I decided to have something spicy hot to clear my head.

I trundled down to Thai Cafe to order something. I thought I would have the green papaya salad because it is cool and crisp one on hand and very spicy on the other. However, after looking at the lunch menu, I opted for grilled eggplant and grilled salmon with noodles. A red curry sauce coated the salmon, eggplant and noodles. It was topped with a garnish of lettuce which is a good foil to the hot curry.

I resisted the urge to buy some crab angels, also known as crab Rangoon, because I don't really need to eat any fried food today. I have a weakness for anything combining crab, cream cheese and a deep fryer, so resisting was no small feat.

With the onset of the cold season, keep in mind Thai food for stuffy nose relief!

2 comments:

Marsosudiro said...

"Air travel tends to give me a cold almost every time I hit the skies. "

This makes me all the more impressed with your international business work.

And it's part of the reason I never tried a "high-flying" career in high-$ business consulting. My immune system isn't very sturdy, and when I get a cold, I don't function much at all. So the idea of flying to China and then being expected to be business-productive (instead of snot-productive) is a laugh for me.

Unknown said...

I came upon your blog while searching for a remedy for stuffy nose. Spicy food sounds like a good idea, except I can't handle it. Which is why I prefer mixed Thai, Vietnamese, Cambodian, Lao & Chinese food. I do find that even without a cold, chicken soup or any soup helps clear my nose. A pharmacist I asked said to use nasal spray.
I have cravings for crab rangoon, but only from 2 places. I don't care for the ones that use cottage cheese in place of cream cheese. It's just not right.