Thursday, May 15, 2008

Bloody Mary with a twist

My fabulously stylish friend in Pinehurst, who has a real savoir de vivre, gave me this recipe that he devised one morning with friend when, blessedly, they discovered no celery in the fridge.

Stir in a tall glass:
Ice
vodka - you say when
V8 Juice - to top off the vodka
splash of Worcestershire sauce

Garnish:
1 green onion stalk in each glass
1 full Arugula leaf
1 sprig of rosemary
sprinkle one shake of fennel seed for flavor

Look how pretty:

Give me fennel, arugula, green onion, and rosemary over celery any day!

2 comments:

astroblogy said...

I'm with you on the celery. Good to read of alternatives!

Anonymous said...

That sounds nice. Now add some horseradish, hot sauce, salt, pepper, lemon juice (fresh), and lime juice (fresh), and I'll turn up on your doorstep.