Monday, September 10, 2007

Neomonde

A trip to Neomonde is worth the trek to Morrisville (on hwy 54) or Raleigh (Beryl Road). I am a regular for lunch. The staff recognize me. How bad is that? I go at least once a week.

Neomonde is a wonderful Lebanese deli where you can select from a wide variety of items on their menu and in their deli counter. Their hummus and baba ganouj (not Lebanese, by the way) are the best in town. They also have an irresistable chickpea salad. My favorite thing to do is to order their lunchbox special which includes half a sandwich and two sides of salad or their make your own sampler which allows me to select 4 items of my choice. For the lunchbox special I like the falafel sandwich, chickpea salad, and hummus. Chickpea overload!! They also make some really tasty lentils cooked with onions. Everything is delicious. For dessert I like the cashew rosette over the walnut or pistachio baklava. Not so crazy about the mamouls, even though they are named after breasts and therefore have something sexy going on.

If I could choose one food to eat for the rest of my life, it might just be Lebanese. I could eat hummus every day.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Their tabbouli is my favorite :)

Anonymous said...

Make your own hummus! You won't regret it!

http://durhamfood.wordpress.com/2007/09/09/acorn-squash-tahini-and-steak/

(see comments)

K said...

I do make my own hummus with lots and lots of tahini. It is dangerous to keep in my house because I could eat it by the bowlful!

Anonymous said...

So good!