Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Paris: Angelina's for hot chocolate

After a long morning of Musee D'Orsay and a lovely lunch, my friends and I needed an afternoon pick me up in the form of hot chocolate from a tearoom called Angelina's right on the rue de Rivoli overlooking the Tuileries.

This was no ordinary cup of hot chocolate! It is the house specialty called Chocolat a l'Africain. It is a thick, dark, creamy, smooth cupful of heaven served with fluffy clouds of fresh whipped cream. We all pretty much agreed that it was the most wonderful liquid we'd ever tasted. There are not words to describe it. Orgasmically good! Maybe even better than that. In fact, I'm not sure there is sex that good!

Do not even think about skipping a stop to Angelina's for Chocolat a l'Africain if you go to Paris. Try not to think about the fact that you are drinking a $10 cup of coffee. It was so good, I'd even pay $50 and my firstborn!

No comments: