Thursday, March 22, 2007

Federal for brunch...go this weekend

A couple of weeks ago I went to Federal for brunch on a Sunday afternoon. Alivia's was packed so we headed a few door's down to Fergus's other place, Federal. The food has always been very good at Fed. I was delighted by brunch. My friend had a wonderful plate of smoke salmon accompanied by bread, onions, capers and a delicious dill, lemon butter. It was salmon perfection!

I had a croque madame which is a grilled ham and cheese (gruyere or emmenthal) sandwich with a fried egg on top. The egg was sunny side up. I would have prefered it over easy because I am not crazy about runny whites. But in spite of my egg preferences, it was very good. Federal has a delicious grilled cheese sandwich on the lunch/dinner menu so I figured the croque madame would be equally tasty. It was.

I may actually prefer Federal for lunch to Alivia's! It is certainly easier to get a table at Federal. The coffee might not be quite as good as Alivia's however.

No comments: