Sunday, April 29, 2007

Dinner party: Dessert

Dessert last night was a huge, smashing success! I made Nigella Lawson's chocolate, molten babycake recipe again. Everyone raved and one friend asked me for the recipe.

I love dessert, especially chocolate ones. It is SUCH a disappointment when a chocolate cake or dessert looks and sounds great but isn't. I had this happen not long ago when I was at Nana's in Durham. My friend and I shared a piece of chocolate cake but it was dry and tasteless.

On the other hand, this recipe from Nigella will never disappoint. In addition to being a crowd pleaser, it is very hard to screw up. Best of all, it is out of this world delicious. If any food could ever be a religious experience, this would be it. It's like a truffle in a bowl. In one simple dish my need for all things chocolate (cake, frosting, truffle, and mousse) is fulfilled.

That is perfection!

No comments: