Friday, May 18, 2007

Chili pie

My favorite food in the entire world (after chocolate cake and burritos) is chili pie. It's not exactly gourmet, but it is the perfect comfort food! Basically it consists of chili poured on top of either fritos or french fries (I prefer the nice salty fritos) and topped with grated cheddar cheese, finely chopped onions. It is heart-stoppingly GOOD (and your heart may actually stop with all of that salt and cholesterol)!

It is not very common to see chili pie on menus. Happily, Q Shack does their own version of it which includes cheese sauce, avocados, sour cream and jalapenos as well as the other toppings. Q Shack chili is outstanding, Texas style chili with gorgeous chunks of beef in it. I could eat this every week but in an effort to be healthy, I opt for only very special occasions (like when I am REALLY in need of comfort food).

So give it a try either at Q Shack or when you make your own chili.

No comments: